Source: An inside look at ADHD.
- ADD and ADHD are the same disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder was officially renamed Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in 1994. Many people use ADD to refer to Type One presented here, and ADHD to refer to Type Two, but they are the same core disorder.
- In many cases where ADHD carries into adulthood, it’s a genetic issue [My grandfather, mother, siblings, and I have all been diagnosed with ADHD], though this does not always occur.
hello yes this is me
more fun facts!
- there are a lot of talks about how ADHD is overdiagnosed, and that may be true for boys, but for girls ADHD is severely underdiagnosed.
- older studies mostly looked at hyperactive boys and that’s the perception we have of ADHD. because of this many girls will go undiagnosed until adulthood.
- most girls/women who have ADHD are inattentive type. they tend to be introverted, disorganized and daydreamers.
- girls will internalize these as personal failings and teenage girls have a much higher rate of suicide and self harm because of it
- ADHD is often comorbid with anxiety and depression, both of which are caused by the failings from having ADHD
- depression can present itself differently in people with ADHD. it’s more of a discouragement from constantly failing, but it can be just as debilitating.
- read this article from the atlantic: It’s Different for Girls with ADHD
And another thing!
- ADHD is usually perceived as a lack of focus… however, individuals with ADHD have a tendency to "hyperfocus" on activities that their brains find stimulating
- Sometimes this hyperfocusing behavior lasts for extended periods of time, and so the person may require some kind of system to help them "snap out of it" if it’s causing them to spend too much time on any one activity, or if they are neglecting other tasks
- Hyperfocus can be used to one’s advantage-with the right tools
This.. is the best cake EVER.
THAT’S A CAKE?
“Oh, this is a pretty cool statue - A CAKE? WHAT THE HELL?”
What evil person would want to eat this sort of cake though.
slow clap for the harry potter fandom
Daily Show correspondent Michael Che tries to find a safe place to report from.
I had a dream the other night that they made a Night Vale movie and that Cecil was introduced with a very dramatic shot of him walking down the station hallway until it pans down and you see he’s wearing light-up sketchers
There’s this guy that rants everyday about how everyone is sinners at our college and someone made a bingo game to go along with him today
You know there are programs that can change your daughters confused predilections.
My heart fucking broke during this scene.
This was my favourite scene. He’s a military man who comes off as a typical “manly man” and he stands up for his daughter being lesbian. This scene was heartbreaking but fucking beautiful.
Greyhound being read a scary story
this is important to me
a paranormal mockumentary show in the style of the office/parks and rec
revolving around the lives of employees at a hokey haunted mansion tourist trap that turn out to be actually hella haunted but most of its spirits are either benevolent or ineffectively malevolent
10/10 WOULD WATCH
This is glorious and even thought it doesn’t fit in the range of all the paranormal & science, I MUST share
It works like this: You tell Kitestring that you’re in a dangerous place or situation, and give it a time frame of when to check in on you. If you don’t reply back when it checks your status, it’ll alert your emergency contacts with a custom message you set up.
It doesn’t require you to touch anything (like bSafe) or shake your phone (like Nirbhaya) to send the distress signal. Kitestring is smarter, because it doesn’t need an action to alert people, it needs inaction.
reblogging because this is seriously amazing.
I present to you a puppy eating watermelon.
I can’t stop thinking about this